The Pastoral Care Counselor at Hopewell Reformed Church (HRC) will address general counseling issues across a broad range of congregants. This includes being able to coordinate, facilitate and oversee pastoral care needs for members dealing with grief, illness, marital and relationship challenges and other needs as they arise. The counselor will be able to assess the need for in-depth counseling and then make appropriate referrals to therapists, spiritual counselors and Stephen Ministers.
- Provide pastoral counseling and screening to determine needs of congregants.
- Visit members in the hospital, nursing homes, and homebound.
- Weekly meetings with senior minister to review internal referrals, member care and need for hospital and home visits.
- Attend worship and coffee hour at HRC monthly in order to build relationships and become visible in the community.
- A person of authentic Christian faith who desires to grow spiritually and professionally; demonstrating a deep commitment to a relationship with Christ and passionate about Kingdom work through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Confessing member of a Reformed Protestant or Mainline Christian denomination.
- Affirms core beliefs and doctrinal standards of Hopewell Reformed Church.
- Must respect and be able to work with a diverse range of congregants from all political and faith positions.
- Demonstrates a lifestyle and family life that is consistant in word and practice with biblical principles.
- Training in Christian counseling and/or spiritual direction preferred.
- Completion of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) preferred.
- Master’s Degree with some pastoral counseling credits preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a pastoral care provider preferred.
- The Pastoral Counselor may also make use of counseling office to conduct personal practice.
Reports to: Senior Minister (Lead Pastor)
Applicants please send resume and cover letter by July 30, 2023 to:
Att: Pam Hansen, Interim Pastoral Counselor at email@example.com
Cc: Doug Leonard, Lead Pastor @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopewell Reformed Church is a welcoming community of faith and inquiry. No matter where a person is in their spiritual journey, they are invited to join us as we worship, study, question, explore, fellowship, serve in mission and love as Christ loves us.