Old First Reformed Church, Brooklyn, NY
Old First Reformed Church is a community of Jesus Christ in Brooklyn, offering a space of unconditional welcome, a practice of worship and service, and a vision of the Kingdom of Heaven. We are the first congregation in the borough, founded in 1654, and we are a vibrant congregation known for high-quality music, intellectually challenging sermons, warm welcome, and active involvement in the Park Slope community. We are a growing fellowship seeking new ways to engage our community, and we are led by an active consistory.
We are seeking a Minister of Word and Sacrament as an interim pastor to serve half-time upon the retirement of our pastor, July 1, 2020.
The contract position includes:
- Preach and lead worship based on the Common Lectionary and the Reformed Church Liturgy, with our adjustments (including weekly Eucharist)
- Be present at the church Sundays plus 1½ weekdays to provide pastoral care, administrative direction, and support of consistory’s leadership
- Visit the sick and call on shut-ins and other congregants
- Supervise the Summer Respite Shelter in July and August
- Work with the office administration to create bulletins for Sunday worship
- Work with the organist to plan worship music
- Check-in with the classis supervisor to ensure a continued vital ministry
- Conduct weddings and funerals for members and friends of the congregation
- Position is accountable to the Board of Elders
Salary and benefits are negotiable for this half-time position. Compensation will be commensurate with salary guide of the Classis of Rockland-Westchester of the Reformed Church in America.
For more information, please contact the consistory at firstname.lastname@example.org.