WEST END COLLEGIATE CHURCH:
West End Collegiate Church is a neighborhood church for all people. Located on New York City’s Upper West Side, West End Collegiate is an open and welcoming Christian congregation that embraces all people. It is a place to discover a flourishing faith, participate in a caring community, and commit to service that changes lives. Congregants from the neighborhood and all over New York come to West End Collegiate Church to seek, to doubt, to learn, to believe, to celebrate. And above all to experience and express God’s love.
The Senior Minister for West End Collegiate Church will lead a diverse congregation in a close and supportive neighborhood environment. Reflective of the surrounding community, the congregation consists of young families, single adults, and seniors. Many in the congregation have been members for decades; however, new members are joining frequently, bringing new life and energy. The current staff of 12 includes an Associate Minister, a Director of Music Ministry, a part-time Assistant Minster, a part-time Children’s Program Director, as well as an administrative and operations group. The lay leadership, known as the local Consistory, is made up of 10 deacons and elders from the West End Collegiate congregation.
The Senior Minister will engage with and inspire the staff, consistory, and congregation to advance the mission, vision, and programs of the Church with a particular focus on the following priorities:
- Exceptional Pastoral Care
- Intellectually and Spiritually Stimulating Preaching
- Dedication to Expanded Programming (in particular, Children/ Youth Programs and Adult Education)
- Building and Strengthening Lay Leadership
- Strong Managerial and Administrative Competence
- Commitment to Inclusivity
- Evidence of leadership skills and presence and a desire to lead and grow the Church;
- Keen theological training, innovative analysis of Biblical text, and a passion to teach;
- Thoughtful, engaging and inspirational preaching style;
- Appreciation for important role that music plays in worship and in other outreach, education, and spiritual programs;
- Business acumen and proven ability to manage a team, church, and congregation within a budget;
- Diverse cultural awareness and sensitivity from a historic and current sociopolitical economic context;
- Comfortable fundraising; ideally with some specific stewardship/campaign experience;
- Experience with and/or sensibility to large, culturally diverse, metropolitan environments.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
If you or someone you know has the spiritual gifts and professional experience described above, we’d love to hear from you. And please feel free to post/forward/share this announcement with anyone in your network who you think would be served by knowing about the opportunity.