The Hopewell Reformed Church (HRC) is located 70 miles north of New York City in Hopewell Junction, NY. HRC is a 400-member church with a 260-year history of faithfulness to Reformed beliefs such as the inerrancy and infallibility of Scripture, the power of prayer, the discipleship of believers, and the personal and communal practice of following Jesus. We are a diverse congregation in both age and culture with many talented musicians who greatly assist in both traditional and contemporary worship. We have strong Mission, Community Outreach and Care ministries as well as active Children’s and Youth ministries.
We are seeking a Christ-centered, experienced interim Minister to lead our congregation. This is a full-time position beginning September 1, 2018. A housing and/or commuting allowance will be considered.
The interim Minister is responsible for providing pastoral leadership and overseeing administrative responsibilities of the church. The special skills of the interim Minister will be utilized to assess the congregation’s current and long term needs and provide counsel and leadership to aid the congregation in its mission and purpose as a body of Christ. The interim Minister will help prepare the congregation for new pastoral leadership and will not be a candidate for the new pastor position.
The duties of the interim shall include the following:
- To provide biblically based preaching and teaching ministry to a church in transition.
- To lead a teaching ministry that will encourage spiritual growth of the membership and awaken them to an active outreach to their neighbors in evangelism.
- To lead and supervise staff in support of the church’s ministries.
- To moderate consistory meetings and meet with committees regularly.
- To provide and coordinate pastoral care for those in crisis situations, visiting church members in hospitals, nursing homes as well as shut-ins.
- To administer sacraments of communion and baptism.
- To officiate weddings and funerals.
- To lead Confirmation and New Member classes.
- To participate in the continued search for a music/choir director.
- To represent the congregation in Classis activities.
- To support HRC missions and encourage the congregation's participation.
- To equip and facilitate the congregation and consistory in identifying a full-time pastor.
- To encourage the Odyssey ( http://www.odysseychurch.org/ ) special needs congregation and provide support as needed.